Please join the Future of Nursing: Campaign for Action for a Webinar on
Resources and Promising Practices to
Develop & Bolster a Diversity Action Plan
Friday, September 27, 2013 | 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. EDT
(2:00-3:00 CDT, 1:00-2:00 MDT, 12:00-1:00 PDT, 11:00-12:00 Alaska Time,
9:00-10:00 Hawaii-Aleutian Time)
AARP, the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, and the Campaign for Action are committed to increasing diversity of nursing workforce, faculty, and leadership. We know that many Action Coalitions (ACs) are developing strategies and tactics to incorporate diversity into their overall strategic planning. On this webinar, ACs will learn about criteria, informed by the Campaign’s Diversity Steering Committee and promising practices that will help create or bolster their diversity action plans. Participants will also learn examples of how ACs are embedding diversity into strategic plans and will hear about resources that will be available.
By the end of the webinar, you will:
- Understand America’s changing demographics and the need for the nursing profession to reflect the population of which it serves.
- Understand the criteria of a specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and timely diversity action plan.
- Learn more about how ACs and other organizations are integrating diversity throughout their work.
Register to let us know you will attend, then mark your calendar.
To join the online meeting, 15 minutes prior to start time:
- Go to: https://aarp.webex.com/aarp/j.php?ED=30358913&UID=0&RT=MiMxMQ%3D%3D
- Enter your name and email address
- Click “Join”
- Participants Dial (866) 513-4976
- When promoted give passcode: 6875187
***To check that you can access WebEx before the webinar, test your system well in advance of the start time by clicking http://www.webex.com/test-meeting.html. FOR SUPPORT, call 1.800.508.8758, then press option 3 to help you with setup.**