Please join the Future of Nursing: Campaign for Action a Webinar on
“Patient Advocates: A Powerful Nurse Practitioner Resource”
Thursday, August 8, 2013 | 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. EDT
(12:00-1:00 CDT, 11:00-12:00 MDT, 10:00-11:00 PDT, 9:00-10:00 Alaska Time,
7:00-8:00 am Hawaii-Aleutian Time)
This webinar, offered by the American Nurse Practitioner Foundation features Regina Holliday, caregiver, patient advocate and artist. Holliday tells a personal story in words and art across the U.S. and globally. She sends a powerful message about patient rights, the healthcare system and needed change. She will change your view of patient relationships. Susan Hassmiller, PhD, RN, FAAN, Senior Advisor for Nursing, is responsible for addressing nurse and faculty shortages in an effort to create a higher quality of patient care in the U.S. at the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. She is also the Director of the Future of Nursing: Campaign for Action. Dr. Hassmiller will share how focusing on patient centered messaging can have an impact on changing legislation by addressing: scope of practice, prescriptive authority and reimbursement.
Register here to let us know you will attend, then mark your calendar:
Webinar Objectives: By the end of the webinar, participants will:
- Understand concerns and rights of patients.
- Identify ways healthcare providers and patients can work together to formulate bills to create legislative change.
- Establish ways to focus on patient centered messaging to determine healthcare provider concerns.
To join the online meeting, 15 minutes prior to start time:
- Go to: https://aarp.webex.com/aarp/j.php?ED=210567652&UID=0&RT=MiMxMQ%3D%3D
- Enter your name and email address
- Click “Join”
- Participants Dial (866) 513-4976
- When promoted give passcode: 6875187